Tuesday, 2 February 2010
My technique - napkin decoupage -pros and cons
My main technique at this moment is decoupage, particularly napkin decoupage (or serviette decoupage). In this post I am going to explain why I like this technique. As all decorations techniques, napkin decoupage has pros and cons.
For me the most important advantages are:
1. Paper napkins have fantastic designs
2. Paper napkins are very thin. Usually paper napkins have 3 layers, in decoupage we used only first printed layer.
3. Because they are very thin, paper napkins easily blend into a background.
4. I like the attention to details, very important for me is good quality and good finish – working with paper napkins it is not to hard to achieve this goal
5. Paper napkins are cheap
Main disadvantages arising from the use of napkins decoupage:
1. Paper napkins easily tear
2. Paper napkins easily get wrinkled while they are glued
With napkins you can decorate almost everything –metal, wood, glass, plastic, paper, fabric, ceramic, walls - the possibilities are endless. The only restriction is your own imagination.
If you want to know more about my technique -let me know -I could write more.