Monday 19 April 2010

Decoupaged jewellery cabinet and various tatted motives





I want to show this shabby chic jewellery cabinet I decorated recently.
I found an old, ugly jewellery cabinet in a charity shop.

I sanded it, and then painted with a cream acrylic paint few times. Later I used a crackle medium to add a distress charm. The next step was to decoupage a lovely rose’s motif from paper napkin. I varnished it several times, sanded between layers and added a beautiful ecru lace. It reminds me past times...  (this one is matching the shelf I made for my sister)




My friend asked me to show how big my tatted earrings are. So I have put a 1 pound coin to show it. Most of these small pieces I tatted last weekend and I have to finish ends….



12 comments:

  1. Wiesz,że ilekroć widzę jakiś drewniany staroć w charicie myślę sobie o Tobie i jak byś to odmieniła :) No takie zboczenie,hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cabinet you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just perfect! I wish I had your talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great decorating job on that jewelry cabinet. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing cabinet. You have put so much work into making that...Bardzo ładna komódka, widać że duzo pracy w nią włozyłaś.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you do mine if i sent it to you? How much would you charge?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work! duchi worldwide

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work! click to read

    ReplyDelete
  9. This jewellery cabinets is looking pretty. Thank you for sharing this post with us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails